My submission to the Thank You Karin Jurick portrait project. I played joke on joke to arrive at this image...much of Karin's fantastic paintings are images of people looking at art in museums, so the museum setting; she owns a framing shop (you can see in the original photo frame samples hanging on the wall) so I framed her (!) and to give some depth and context, I borrowed a thin strip of one of her paintings to create the gallery beyond, This was fun. I'd like to add some deeper value to the green wall, but other work awaits.From Jill Polsby, who organized this great and fun effort:
In December 2009, Karin Jurick through her wonderful website "Different Strokes From Different Folks", mounted a portrait challenge. 180 people from around the world were to submit a head and shoulders photo of themselves to Karin so that some other person of the 180 would paint it. Painters painted each other anonymously and then Karin posted all of the wonderful paintings and drawings on http://differentstrokesfromdifferentfolks.blogspot.com/2009/12/hold-your-horses.html
She also created fantastic YouTube videos of the photo morphing into the painting. Be sure and take a look at these as well. It's a fabulous viewing experience!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf5CYNe50os
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig_AbM1rWqg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILvBE2eVyQ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5lEKmlhaM4
Big thanks to Jill for pulling this off. Karin should be getting a bound volume includeing all of these portraits in time for Valentine's Day!! See all of the portraits included here.
This was a stand-out IMHO in the group. So cleverly thought out and wonderfully rendered.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sheila! I see someone else took off with the Mona Lisa angle. That my first idea!! It grew from there! There are a lot of good ones, I think.
ReplyDeleteLove this wonderfully creative portrait! Great job!
ReplyDeleteYour painting is wonderfully original and creative - very masterful and thoughtfully rendered!
ReplyDeleteWhat an appropriate idea for Karin's portrait. And done so well too!
ReplyDeleteThis is clever - she'll be tickled!
ReplyDeleteI love your submission to the project, Kaylyn - wonderful!
ReplyDeleteJob well done all around! I am so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteSista Christa
Very well designed and executed.
ReplyDeleteI join the rest in applauding your creativeness! Excellent.
ReplyDeleteKaylyn this was a fantastic idea well executed!
ReplyDeleteI think your shade of green looks perfect as is.