Welcome to my studio, its kind of a mess and a work in progress itself.
Its nice to see visitors from all over the world
who drop in for a look.

Have a look around. MAKE COMMENTS (?) , ideas, critiques or funny jokes.

I'd really like to hear what you think and have a chance to see what you're up to!

title

Pages

2.21.2010

A shot at the daily painting method

Allowed myself two hours. Quit at the 2 hour mark.

Not sure about what I believe is the 'blocking method' which seems a lot like the 'coloring book method'. I don't mean to offend dedicated daily painters, but this is really hard for me to do. On the other hand, its really fast and clean.














oops...forgot to take photos. a lot of stuff happened.

6 comments:

  1. looks like there's a lot of stuff on the counter over in the back - did you just finish cooking up a feast for dad? haha. this looks really great for a 2 hour limit - you've really got your pottery down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .... really. I love the first one. I'd buy it!

    The reflections are marvelous.

    The shadow and the berries are delectable.

    If you framed off any 1/3 part of this painting you would have enough subject matter, detail and composition for it to be the painting of the day... so you have done..like 3 then.

    overachievers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very sunny this morning so I was able to get a bunch of new material pulled together--photos of a number of different bits and pieces of my collection. Some really really interesting and surprising ones!

    The thing is, as you have so cleverly seen, every one can be seen as a whole or in parts. I'm cropping and zooming and looking for really strong abstract compositions.

    I on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what is the daily painting "method"?
    this is a very nice painting indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blog my dear! Your daily painting efforts are lovely. You've discovered painting daily isn't for sissies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Patricia, I was going to go in for alligator wrestling, but it was just too easy. Needed a bigger challenge!!

    ReplyDelete