Cherries are OK, But a bowl of Garlic and Ginger offers endless possibilities!

Beginning with a transparent ground wash of
burnt sienna and burnt umber.
Outline transferred from enlarged photo.

Beginning with a transparent ground wash of
burnt sienna and burnt umber.
Outline transferred from enlarged photo.

nearly there!











(still in process)
I love the humor in the shape of the growing green. Who knows what people get out of art, huh?
ReplyDeleteNice bowl and wonderful perspective.
I love the unique composition of this. With thousands of still lifes out there, you've accomplished to make this a stand out. Thanks for including the in progress shots too!
ReplyDeleteEarthula..Humor? That's a very somber and serious bit of green!! (just kidding, I added that in during the planning of this piece as a counter point to the very monochromatic color scheme. I thought it was a bit cheerful, and a promise of growth and maybe even spring.)
ReplyDeleteSheila...thank you for the very nice comment. I guess the world will just have to bear another still life for now!
I like everything about this! The unusual perspective gives the bowl and it's contents kind of an austere status. It is nice to see the steps. Thanks for sharing your process!
ReplyDelete