I have updated my other blog page Collecting and Collected with the old (photos I took with available light in my studio with what I now think is a color challenged camera!) and the new photos.
In this age of digital photography, photoshop, illustrator and all the professional seeming tools we have at our disposal, it is easy to believe we are all photogaphers, digital artists, and graphic designers. It's important to engage the help of real professionals when we need to present a professional image. The difference is extraordinary.
Please take a look and let me know what you think. Here's one example.
my photo
Jon's photo. It almost looks better than the original painting...and the extraordinary detail brings out the good and bad of my technique!!
See the rest of the new photos at Collecting and Collected
I love your painting, and agree that the quality of the professional photo is excellent! You cause me to worry about the paintings I have photographed in haste and already sold off to faraway places!My children want my series to become a book....I have bad news for them as many photos are bluish and mostly trimmed because I take skew photos to blog asap!
ReplyDeleteYou make a good point! Your photo is pretty good, but the professional one is GREAT. It shows the depth of your shadows without creating black holes and the variety of color in your whites, too. Wow. I've never had my paintings photographed professionally, but after this I think I should.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, wow. I looked at the whole collection. I was admiring your work already, but I can see with the new photos how extraordinary it is. The chiaroscuro lends a sense of high drama to your simple objects.
ReplyDeletesheesh, the visual information is so different... It is another story That is amazing!
ReplyDeleteI completely concur on the point of professionals that have spent years honing their skills.
Good for you to get an accurate representation.
Honing your professional skills!
an informative post! your work looks great in both cases--but superb in the "pro version"--thanks for sharing this--I will show to my photographer h so that he can see that I need him. :)
ReplyDeleteIt certainly makes a difference! Well worth the time and money. Very interesting.
ReplyDeleteI love photography....
ReplyDeletethere certainly is a big difference...
but your painting was lovely to begin with...it deserves a great photo!
ciao bella
here's to making art! and photographing it!
creative carmelina was here!
Glad I stopped by! Great post. Another issue in this is the way each computer screen is calibrated. On my home computer my images look great, however, on a screen at the local library, images were totally skewed. Congrats on finding a quality photographer you can work with!
ReplyDeleteneed a new painting--let's see what you are up to!
ReplyDeleteHi Kaylyn,
ReplyDeleteThis is quite fascinating. Really, it is quite amazing the difference in the photos. It's given me food for thought. You are very talented and I have enjoyed reading your posts.
Nicki
รวมความบันเทิง porn ดูง่าย โหลดไว รองรับทุกแพลตฟอร์ม เพลินได้ทั้งวัน xxxpornthai
ReplyDelete