Welcome to my studio, its kind of a mess and a work in progress itself.
Its nice to see visitors from all over the world
who drop in for a look.

Have a look around. MAKE COMMENTS (?) , ideas, critiques or funny jokes.

I'd really like to hear what you think and have a chance to see what you're up to!

title

Pages

4.22.2010

Looking at work in progress

 I have been working along while cleaning and rearranging my studio.  The warm weather allowed me to move all of my overwintering plants out of the studio window and out into the garden.  They left a mess behind.  The extra room gives me the space to spread out a bit in anticipation of starting to work on larger canvases.  I have several paintings in mind for a larger format and I've been doing some studies.  Perhaps you saw the intriquing photo Elaine/Earthula posted of a shirt ...no, a chemise, a smock, not just a shirt.  I was quite taken with the colors, the textures, the lighting and the beautiful and inventive design she whipped up and exquisitely finished.  I saw it as a painting...or a series or triptych.   So I have done some studies while waiting for my larger canvases to come.
















a developing color study above, and a grisaille (love that word) on the right.
both about 6"x12".  below is the reference photo clipped and cropped and set up for a triptych.

I'm finding that this is a difficult subject.  The values are close together, so the color and fine texture will be the thing.  The painting/drawing of the fabrics require a more calligraphic  hand to express the fluidity.


What do you think?  Interesting?  No?  Maybe? 


4 comments:

  1. It is very interesting! The calligraphic hand for the gimble of the grisaille.

    It is lovely... just so very.
    Thank you for the shout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaylyn!...Love your site... and your ideas! Your work demonstrates an exciting blend of realism... unusual design strategies and beautiful deep colour!

    Nothing wrong with the use of photo reference... as long as it goes beyond tedious copying and is used as a springboard... which your work surely does... in spades!

    Loved my visit and will spend more time toight and on future visits perusing and digesting the contents and pix!Thanks for becoming a Follower and for your encouraging comments on my site!

    Good painting!
    Regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. well if anyone can pull this off it is you. I will be checking back to see progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. xxxpornthai รวบรวมความบันเทิงรูปแบบ porn ไว้อย่างครบครัน พร้อมคลังวิดีโอ xxx ที่อัปเดตใหม่อยู่เสมอ

    ReplyDelete